Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Crafty Fun with the Handmade Nashville Crew @ Curvy Yoga in East Nashville!


Guest Post by Becky of Becky Sue’s Bow & Sews

Let me start by saying that I’ve heard lots of bragging on Facebook about the “cool” and “hip” East Nashville area.  I live on the west side…waaaaaaay west…and so far I’ve never had any compelling reason to drive over an hour to find out for myself, but that all changed when I heard that our fearless leader Dea was planning to organize a series of craft fairs in that neighborhood for members of our the Handmade Nashville Facebook group.
Handmade Nashville Flyer for Curvy Yoga event 4/11/15 - check us out on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/HandmadeNashville
 

So, I loaded up my army of little people (AKA “The Munchkins”) in the minivan and set a course for East Nashville, via the downtown library, a misadventure with the GPS involving a detour around parts of downtown previously never before encountered and Riverfront park, for the first monthly Handmade Nashville Craft Fair!


I was not disappointed – East Nashville really is cool, hip, trendy and all those other superlatives!  The whole neighborhood has a really artsy vibe and the lovely older houses are definitely eye candy for those of us who live in modern subdivisions in the ‘burbs!  The Curvy Yoga house is really cute too -   inside AND out!
 

I was met by the sight and smell of Dea and her nieces under a tent in the front yard with the delicious aroma of her lovely candles wafting toward me in the afternoon breeze.  I parked the stroller on the porch and ventured up the steps into a wonderland of local talent and 100% handmade crafts! 

 
 
 I was at the very first event, each one will have a slightly different line up, but there was jewelry, organic apothecary items, a lady reading cards, crochet, twine wrapped vases and hand painted signs to name but a few!  And everyone was so friendly and chatty! 
 

It was a really sweet, down-to-earth event!  The venue is just the right size, not too big, not too small (it’s the first floor of a somewhat large house) and it’s just big enough to be able to fit a variety of booths with a very friendly and personal vibe.
 

The schedule* for upcoming Handmade Nashville Craft Shows @Curvy Yoga is as follows:



 

Click here for directions to Curvy Yoga!
 
***HOT OFF THE PRESS!  "Handmade Nashville - The T-Shirt!" Get yours here and support our event!
 
 

 

Maybe I’ll see you there next time!  I’ll be the one with a tribe of feisty munchkins in tow!


Becky

 
 
* please verify the times by clicking on the links to go to the event pages in case of schedule changes after publication of this post.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a great event. Glad to join you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Becky. I had the pleasure of shopping this event. Can't wait to set up for May's event.

    ReplyDelete